FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I have chosen to get tattooed at Grace. Now what?
It’s always best to stop by the shop so that we can discuss your ideas in person. If you are interested in working with a particular artist, we recommend calling the shop to be sure that they are in on any given day. We generally do not schedule consultations, even if we are busy when you come in, we can always take a break to discuss your tattoo. Once we have your ideas, we can give you a rough estimate of total cost, as well as schedule your appointment. We require a deposit to book an appointment. Deposit costs will vary depending on the tattoo and will be applied toward the final cost.
I do not live locally, and can’t make it in for a consultation.
Give us a call. We’ll get you in touch with the artist you’d like to work with and we can take a credit card over the phone for a deposit.
How soon can I get my tattoo?
That all depends. Our artists are typically booked a few weeks to a few months out, but we will do our best to accommodate your schedule. If your tattoo is on the smaller side, chances are that we’ll be able to squeeze you in sooner than later, even as a walk in if we have the time. The best way to guarantee a spot is to book an appointment.
How much does a tattoo cost?
The cost of a tattoo can vary depending on size, complexity, and location. When it is a larger scale tattoo, or will be a multiple session piece, the artist will most likely charge by the hour. Hourly rates vary. The shop minimum for any tattoo is $100.
How old do I have to be to get tattooed at Grace?
We do NOT tattoo anyone under the age of 18. No exceptions. A valid government issued photo ID such as a drivers license or passport is required.
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
We understand that situations arise, and sometimes people need to cancel or reschedule appointments. A minimum of 48 hours notice is required to retain your deposit.
How do I care for my new tattoo?
- Remove bandage after 2-3 hours, and gently wash with warm water and a mild soap.
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
- Apply a very thin layer of either A&D ointment of Aquaphor.
- For the next 4-5 days apply ointment using clean hands 3 times per day.
- After 4-5 days of using ointment, switch to using an unscented lotion such as lubriderm 3 times daily until completely healed.
- Your tattoo will flake, peel, or scab. DO NOT PICK OR SCRATCH at it!
- Wear loose clean clothing over it, and keep it out of the direct sunlight.
- Showering and washing is fine, just be gentle.. do not use a wash cloth, just a light soap and water with your hand will do. Do not submerge or soak tattoo under water. That means NO SWIMMING.
Do you do piercings?
No we do not, nor do we know how to remove your unwanted belly ring or get an earring back in. Please seek a piercing professional.